Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:08AM
This infographic, developed by the Colorado Department of Transportation tells a story common to each state in the Ports-to-Plains region.
- Transportation and Mobility are key contributors to quality of life and growth of the economy.
- Despite increased cost of fuel, the tax collected per gallon tax is unchanged since the early 1990's.
- Population increasing by 48%, Vehicle miles traveled increasing by 64%, Traffic delays increasing by 60% in the next 20 years.
- 52% of state highways in poor condition.
- CDOT revenues down while construction and materials costs continue to rise.